Convertible Mittens Are Finished!

These mittens are finally done!  I had finished the mitten cap on the second mitten days before I eventually decided to work in the ends.  I think it was something like 13-15 ends per mitten.  (cuff [1], 2 ends for each finger [10], and mitten cap [2] – plus on the second mitten I had to join yarn, so that added 2 more.)  All said, it took me about 45 minutes to weave in all of the ends.  But, it’s worth it as these mittens look so awesome!

I’m not as mad at the pooling anymore, it really has grown on me.  Plus, I love the way that the fingers and thumbs look.  I’m still undecided about any sort of fastener for the mitten caps, either to hold them closed or hold them open.  They seem to stay pretty well both ways on their own.  Does anyone have any stron opinions either way?


0 Responses to “Convertible Mittens Are Finished!”

  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

craftykeg’s blog

Craft, food, fun and creativity all come together here!

Subscribe to craftykeg!

Handmade Christmas

Projects Done: 34
Projects to Go: 0!

All projects are finished! Check back here after Christmas to see pictures of everything all together, and all of the super secret projects!
December 2008
« Nov   Jan »

%d bloggers like this: