I’ve had a hard time getting going with these socks. They are the first pair of socks that I’ve ever attempted. The pattern calls for size 2 dpn. I had a really hard time finding this size for some reason, so I decided to be lazy and use size 3. I quickly checked my gauge half heartily and it seemed close enough, so off I went.
Yeah, no. I got halfway through the first sock and I could see that it was going to be gigantic. As in Micheal Phelps could wear that sock gigantic. So, I ripped it all out and started over, finding some size 2 dpn. It looks so much better now, as you can see! I’ve just gotten to the point where I need to start decreasing for the toe, and I think that I’m going to switch back to the pink to make them look even more silly and cute. This first sock should be done pretty soon, hopefully I won’t procrastinate too much on the second one!
This project also starts the beggining of Hand Made Christmas. (Insert regal trumpet noises here.) I have a goal (since I’m a pretty broke graduate student) of making everything handmade for Christmas this year. Who knows if I’ll make it, we’ll see. Unfortunately, I’m going to have to leave a lot of stuff off of the blog until after Christmas so that certain people won’t see their gifts before hand. But, since I have a lot of family, and not all of them know about the blog, I should still have plenty of stuff to share!