After a very busy day of quilting and embroidering, the quilt is finished! I used the same dark blue of the backing and the middle stripe to add a wide binding, which I top stitched closed using the same light blue quilting thread as the rest of the quilt. Here’s a wide shot of the whole quilt, finished and ready to go.
I then embroidered the Japanese characters for marriage and love into the upper left and lower right corners. Here is marriage:
And finally here is a picture of it all folded up and ready to go.
I am happy to report that it was very well received, and I think that the extra touch of the embroidery really helped make it special. Surprisingly, just as with the last quilt I did and gave away, I’m a little sad that it’s finished. I really enjoy making these, and to give them away is always a little bittersweet!